Paul James is a Partner in Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP’s Business Real Estate Group in San Diego. Paul’s practice focuses on all aspects of employment law from advising businesses on the development of practices and procedures to litigation of individual, representative and class action disputes. Paul has successfully represented individual and business clients in employment-related claims at both the state and federal level, as well as before state and federal administrative agencies. Paul’s role in the firm’s Employment Practice Group emphasizes helping employer clients develop policies to reduce potential liability exposure for employment-related claims.
Paul also has considerable plaintiff and defense-side litigation experience. Prior to joining KTS, Paul was a Partner in a mid-size litigation firm in San Diego where he successfully represented individuals, businesses and nonprofit organizations, in numerous general liability, construction and business disputes at the state and federal level.
- California Bar, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2012
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A., History
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Member, Defense Lawyers of San Diego
- Member, former Treasurer and Board Member, Autism Society of San Diego
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Graduate Law Clerk, Contra Costa County Alternate Defender
- Certified Law Clerk, Alameda County Public Defender
- Speaker in Employment Law Risk Prevention
- Trial Counsel and Co-Author of Respondent’s Brief in the matter of Brewer Corp. v. Point Center Financial, Inc. (2014) 167 Cal.Rptr.3d 555
- Fluent in Spanish