We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our firm is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist (Staff Accountant II) to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting the Accounting department in various accounting functions which support our Landlord Tenant practice group, including accounts receivable, billing, and reporting.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Work with clients and attorneys to collect on accounts receivable for the Landlord Tenant practice group
- Process fixed fee billing
- Create month-end billing reports
- Perform month-end audit of the Landlord Tenant trust account
- Respond to credit card retainer emails
- Perform trust disbursements
- Serve as the primary back-up in the following areas:
- Review daily billing for all Landlord Tenant practice groups
- Process billing for the Business Real Estate Group
- Create accounts receivable reports by attorney on a quarterly basis
- Create Production Based Compensation (PBC) reports
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Microsoft Excel competency
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
- High-volume typing or data entry with low error rate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Versatile computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- ProLaw experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a possible hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
The pay range for this position begins at $22.00, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing speed
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.