We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our firm is looking for an Accounts Receivable Supervisor to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting the accounting department in various accounting functions which primarily support our Landlord Tenant practice group, including accounts receivable, billing, reporting and the design and maintenance of firm policies, procedures and internal controls supporting these Accounting Department functions.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- A leader in retaining, coaching and developing billing and accounts receivable talent
- Contribute to the analysis of existing billing and accounts receivable systems, processes, policies and procedures to improve processing capabilities and efficiency
- Work with staff in a supervisory capacity, clients and attorneys to collect on accounts receivable for all the firm’s practice groups
- Ensure successful processing of high-volume billing transactions, including complex pricing tiers and fixed fee billing
- Create and distribute month-end billing reports and contribute to the development of new, value added KPI analysis and firmwide cash flow forecasting
- Perform various month-end internal controls to ensure complete, accurate and timely financial recording and reporting of billing and accounts receivable transaction data
- Primary project manager for the firm’s annual unclaimed property reporting process
- Responsive to clients and “internal customers,” often as the main point of contact in service of back-office relations within important client engagements
- Perform and/or validate trust disbursements
- Serve as primary oversight in the following areas:
- Review daily billing across various delivery mediums for all firm practice groups
- Create various accounts receivable reports tailored to various practice groups and organize periodic accounts receivable review meetings with practice leadership to ensure efficient processing and collection of revenue
- Support Production Based Compensation (PBC) reporting
- Support Annual revenue & receipts budgeting process
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience in developing or improving internal control frameworks, policies and procedures
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles with the willingness and ability to problem solve
- Microsoft Excel competency
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
- Excellent attention to detail
- Change management experience
- Software implementation experience
- Ability to multi-task in support of coworkers in a dynamic team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- ProLaw experience (or other ERP system focused on legal or medical billing)
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a possible hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
The salary range for this position begins at $90,000, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing speed
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.]