Statewide law firm is currently seeking an attorney with affordable housing program experience to represent residential property owners. With 40 years working in the California legal industry and 5 offices statewide, our firm has experienced continuous growth. It is our firm’s mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Position is full-time but part-time candidates may be considered.
To represent residential property owners in matters concerning affordable housing programs. The successful candidate will be familiar with affordable housing programs, including both project-based Section 8 and tenant-based housing choice voucher programs, tax credit, bond, and USDA-RD.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Provide legal representation to clients, assessing applicable laws, facts, and issues, and counseling clients appropriately
- Advise clients to ensure affordable housing program compliance in operations, leasing, and terminating tenancies
- Review regulatory agreements, draft affordable housing addenda, and terminate participation in bond programs
- Respond to client concerns in order to increase and retain business
- Represent the firm internally and externally
- Other duties as needed to support the legal and management goals of the department
- J.D. and an active California Bar license
- 3+ years’ experience as a licensed California attorney
- Experience with affordable housing programs
- California residential landlord-tenant experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and operate against inflexible deadlines both in a team environment and independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous litigation experience
- Experience with ProLaw or other billing and document management program
We offer a rewarding work environment with a commitment to creating long-term relationships with our clients by providing excellent customer service. Our firm values a work/life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements for consideration.