We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Irvine office is looking for a Director of Client Relations to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for business development, retaining current clients, and cultivating and maintaining industry relationships through involvement in trade associations. This role will be instrumental in obtaining new clients and maintaining our current client base through relationship-building efforts.
With over 45 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to client service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day for a successful case outcome, and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
$100,000/annually – $140,000/annually, DOE
- Identify new business opportunities for all firm practice groups
- Execute analysis of competitors, target markets and emerging trends and communicate information firm wide
- Research client information
- Initiate and enhance communication with clients at all levels. Maintain follow-up tracking system
- Review and analyze budget to align with firm business objectives
- Communicate “best practices” on key accounts
- Cross-sell all practice areas and on-board new accounts
- Respond to Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and other requests for information
- Assist in promoting firm/attorney visibility
- Identify sponsorship opportunities and assess return on investment
- Design and implement programs that enhance the client experience
- Respond to client feedback
- Attend and coordinate industry events including luncheons, conferences, trade shows and networking functions
- Provide training to firm personnel on customer service techniques
- Assist with legal directory submission
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in client relations and business development
- Candidate must be client focused
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on follow-up
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Adept at problem solving
- Ability to be a proactive and reactive liaison between internal management, employees, and clients
- Must be willing to travel on a daily basis or as needed by clients
The following qualifications are preferred:
Previous experience in a law firm, real estate or property management setting, professional service sales experience
Knowledge of real estate and business litigation and transactions, landlord/tenant law, creditors representation a plus
J.D. with an interest in full-time client and business development and demonstrated success in this area a plus.
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office remote work model for select positions within the Firm. New hire employees who are offered a hybrid schedule will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a hybrid schedule, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
“The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
“I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
“I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.