Statewide law firm is currently seeking a full-time Discovery Liaison for our Los Angeles office. The purpose of this position is to assist attorneys and other individuals involved in the process of filing evictions with the discovery phase of litigation.
With over 40 years working in the California legal industry and 5 offices statewide, our firm has experienced continuous growth. We are committed to creating long-term relationships with our clients through excellent customer service. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Position is full-time; Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm and Friday, 8:30-5:00pm.
- Facilitate the discovery phase for new cases by propounding and responding to discovery, drafting meet and confer letters, and assisting in tracking discovery responses and motions to compel
- Assist with case intake by reviewing leases, legal forms, and correspondence for detail-oriented specific confirmation
- Contact clients as needed to obtain missing case-related information
- Additional duties as needed by the department
- Experience with propounding and/or responding to written discovery requests and drafting motions to compel responses
- Experience with California litigation process and courts
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, versatile computer skills, and ability to multi-task
- Typing speed of 45 wpm
- Experience with preparing subpoenas
- Knowledge of unlawful detainers
- ProLaw experience
Why Should You Apply?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work/life balance, promotes inclusivity, and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a writing sample for consideration. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with Fair Chance Initiative.