Statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Discovery Paralegal for our Los Angeles office. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting attorneys and other individuals involved in the process of filing evictions with the discovery phase of litigation.
Who We Are:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
Position is full-time; Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5:30pm and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Facilitate the discovery phase for new cases by propounding and responding to discovery, drafting and responding to meet and confer letters regarding discovery responses, and tracking the status of discovery documents
- Assist with case evaluation by reviewing leases, legal forms, and correspondence in detail
- Contact clients as needed to obtain missing case-related information
- Additional duties as needed by the department
- Experience with propounding and responding to written discovery requests
- Drafting and responding to meet and confer letters regarding discovery
- Experience with California litigation process and courts
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, versatile computer skills, ability to multi-task and work independently in a high-volume firm
- Paralegal certificate from an approved ABA program
- Typing speed of 45 wpm
- Experience with preparing subpoenas
- Knowledge of unlawful detainers or landlord-tenant law
- ProLaw experience
To apply, please submit your resume, salary requirements, and a writing sample. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with Fair Chance Initiative.