We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our San Diego office is looking for an E-filing Assistant to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for supporting our Collections department as a member of the Court Team by e-filing documents with various courts.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- E-file legal documents with various courts through multiple platforms
- Monitor the status of e-filed documents to ensure acceptance, investigating rejected documents for resubmission
- Process a high-volume of court forms and scanned documents related to the judicial enforcement of collection files
- Perform heavy data entry and word processing
- Communicate verbally and in writing with the courts
- Perform various administrative duties, including database research, calendaring, and others needed in support of the department
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Previous administrative experience in an office environment
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Excellent written, telephone, and interpersonal communication skills
- High attention to detail with low error rate
- Ability to operate well both as a team player and on individual tasks
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high-volume workload while operating against inflexible deadlines
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Previous legal experience
- Essential Forms experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a possible hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing speed
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.