Statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Intake Attorney for our Los Angeles office. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with clients (property owners and managers) to assess the viability of evictions.
Who We Are:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
- Assist clients step-by-step through every phase of the eviction process
- Provide legal advice through phone consultations, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario
- Conduct legal research in order to identify and assess cases and legal issues
- Counsel clients appropriately on landlord-tenant conflicts
- Draft legal correspondence, including letters and notices, based on client needs
- Conduct legal document preparation and review, including summons and complaints and stipulations
- Assist with occasional court appearances and client presentations
- J.D. and an active California Bar license
- 0-3 years of attorney experience
- General overview of civil litigation
- General overview of landlord-tenant principles
- Knowledge of the litigation process and California Civil Code
- Some contact with the rental housing industry
To apply, please submit your resume along with salary requirements. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.