We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. We are looking for an Intake Specialist to join our fast-paced team in our San Diego office and also our Irvine, Los Angeles, or Concord office. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely operation of the intake procedures of the Business Real Estate Group (BREG).
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Assist with the case intake process, ensuring all information related to new cases are present and accurate
- Review new case documents and correspondence for detail-oriented, specific information
- Handle opening of new matters from start to finish
- Communicate with staff, attorneys, and occasionally clients to obtain missing information
- Perform setup of files and folders in the firm’s case and document management systems
- Create, complete, and follow up on new matter events in case management system
- Prepare conflicts checks reports
- Ensure billing parties are accurate and updated
- Facilitate and edit attorney pre-bills
- Scan and save new file documents into document management system
- Prepare retainer agreements and conflict waivers
- Follow up on uncompleted new case file tasks to ensure their completion in a timely manner
- Assist with closing files
- Perform extensive data entry will high level of accuracy
- Coordinate with Accounting department to ensure accurate billing information is added to the case management system
- Perform other miscellaneous clerical and/or administrative tasks as needed by the department
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a law firm or office environment
- Experience with legal case management and/or document management systems
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and procedures (copiers, fax machine, scanner, alphabetizing, filing, etc.)
- Microsoft Office competency
- Professional communication skills via telephone and email
- High attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage a high-volume workload
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
The following qualifications are preferred:
- ProLaw experience
- NetDocuments experience
- Some knowledge of legal process
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing Speed
- Salary Requirements
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.