We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Irvine office is looking for an Intake Specialist / Document Processor to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting attorneys, clients, and other individuals involved in the process of filing evictions with the initial case intake phase while producing a high volume of legal documents.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Perform case intake, ensuring that all facts related to new cases are present
- Review leases, legal forms, and correspondence for detail-oriented, specific information
- Contact clients frequently via phone and email to obtain missing information
- Perform extensive data entry with a high level of accuracy
- Type a high volume of legal documents (summons and complaints, defaults and default judgments, writs, etc.)
- Assist with e-filing legal documents
- Communicate with the courts by phone to obtain case-related information
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Minimum typing speed of 55 words per minute
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proofread with accuracy
- Ability to work against inflexible firm and court filing deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Professional communication skills via telephone and email
- Versatile computer skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- ProLaw experience
- Previous law firm experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a possible hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing speed
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.