We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Los Angeles office is looking for an Intake Specialist / Process Server Liaison to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for performing initial case intake and coordinating between the firm and process servers in support of unlawful detainer actions.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Perform case intake, ensuring that all facts related to new cases are present
- Review leases, legal forms, and correspondence for detail-oriented, specific information
- Contact clients frequently via phone and email to obtain missing information
- Perform extensive data entry with a high level of accuracy
- Coordinate between the firm and our service of process vendors
- Utilize our case management system to enter service of process data, project default dates, and upload proofs of service
- Route and manage incoming and outgoing attorney service court filings
- Perform extensive e-filing with the courts
- Generate and prepare court applications and calculate associated fees
- Perform administrative duties including answering phones, emailing, preparing mail, copying, and faxing; additional duties as needed
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Previous customer service experience
- Professional communication skills via telephone and email
- Typing speed of 50+ words per minute
- High attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Versatile computer skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Some legal knowledge
- E-filing experience
- ProLaw experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed semi-remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. Training will be completed in the office and then the successful hire may be permitted to work remotely a few days each week. It is anticipated that this position will eventually be performed exclusively from the office.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing Speed
- Salary Requirements
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.