We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Concord and Elk Grove offices are looking for a Landlord Tenant Attorney to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for working with clients (property owners and managers) on landlord-tenant matters and assessing the viability of evictions.
WHO WE ARE:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
As a Landlord Tenant Attorney, you will:
- Assist clients step-by-step through every phase of the eviction process
- Provide legal advice through phone consultations, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario
- Conduct legal research in order to identify and assess cases and legal issues
- Counsel clients appropriately on landlord-tenant conflicts
- Draft legal correspondence, including letters and notices, based on client needs
- Conduct legal document preparation and review, including summons and complaints and stipulations
- Assist with occasional court appearances and client presentations
This is a full-time, exempt position. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed semi-remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. Training will be completed in the office and then the successful hire may be permitted to work remotely a few days each week. It is anticipated that this position will eventually be performed exclusively from the office.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- D. and an active California Bar license
- 1 to 10 years of attorney experience
- General knowledge of civil litigation
The following qualifications are preferred:
- General overview of landlord-tenant principles
- Knowledge of the litigation process and California Civil Code
- Some contact with the rental housing industry
Candidates must have their own equipment necessary to work remotely, including a personal computer or laptop and a reliable internet connection. We offer reimbursement for internet and cell phone usage for business purposes.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, daily temperature checks, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization. Employees, clients, and visitors are required to wear face coverings inside the office at all times.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Salary requirements
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.