We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Los Angeles office is looking for a Legal Administrative Assistant to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting attorneys in our Landlord Tenant practice group with tenant-contested evictions.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Conduct legal research and produce and draft legal documents and pleadings
- Assist in client contact regarding retainer agreements, responsive pleadings, hearing dates, and court information
- Perform case intake, ensuring that all facts related to new cases are present
- Review leases, legal forms, and correspondence for detail-oriented, specific information
- Contact clients frequently via phone and email to obtain missing information
- Perform extensive data entry with a high level of accuracy
- Complete additional duties as needed in support of the department
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete work in a timely and efficient manner
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm; versatile computer skills
- Customer service skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved or equivalent training/experience
- Previous law firm experience, especially in trial and litigation
- Strong administrative background
- Knowledge of unlawful detainers
- Knowledge of Spanish, Hebrew, Russian, Farsi, or Arabic
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed semi-remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. Training will be completed in the office and then the successful hire may be permitted to work remotely a few days each week. It is anticipated that this position will eventually be performed exclusively from the office.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing Speed
- Salary Requirements
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.