Statewide law firm is currently seeking a full-time Legal Assistant for our San Diego office. The purpose of this position is to provide administrative and paralegal support for our Fair Housing practice group to ensure that clients are provided the highest level of service on a daily basis.
With over 40 years working in the California legal industry and 5 offices statewide, our firm has experienced continuous growth. We are committed to creating long-term relationships with our clients through excellent customer service. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Position is full-time; Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:30pm and Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Provide high-volume overall administrative and paralegal assistance for the Fair Housing practice group
- Prepare, edit, and proofread legal documents (including letters, agreements, and document reviews) and send correspondence
- Research case law, administrative rulings and settlements, and other fair housing issues
- Assist with billing, electronic filing, conversion of electronic documents, copying, and additional support as needed
- Open and close fair housing matters
- Coordinate travel arrangements for attorneys
- Facilitate order fulfillment of online store purchases for the practice group
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent training/experience
- Previous administrative office and customer service experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong research and computer skills, including use of Lexis Advanced
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and be a flexible team player
- Typing speed of 60+ wpm
- 3+ years of law firm experience
- Knowledge of fair housing and/or landlord-tenant law
- ProLaw experience
Why Should You Apply?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work/life balance, promotes inclusivity, and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
If you meet the requirements above, please submit your resume, typing speed, salary requirements, and a writing sample for consideration. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.