We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Los Angeles office is looking for a Process Server Liaison to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for supporting our Landlord Tenant practice group while serving as the liaison between the firm and external process servers.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Liaise between the firm and our service of process vendors
- Utilize case management system to enter service of process data, project default dates, and upload proofs of service
- Route and manage incoming and outgoing attorney service court filings
- Generate and prepare court applications and calculate associated fees
- Assemble Summons and Complaints and send them to process servers and/or attorney service companies for service
- Prepare writs and other documents for courts not accepting e-filing
- Update ProLaw to reflect the status of the Summons and Complaints, including inputting case numbers, marking events as complete, and adding appropriate next events
- Enter case updates into Salesforce for designated clients
- Communicate with clients on the status of service
- Create buck slips and serve sheets
- Scan, copy, and drag and drop letters and notices into ProLaw; provide originals to Office Coordinator as needed
- Email letters and notices to process servers and update ProLaw appropriately
- Perform administrative duties including answering phones, emailing, preparing mail, copying, and faxing; additional duties as needed
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Versatile administrative experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume environment
- Strong organizational skills with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to adapt to and meet inflexible deadlines
- Comfortable working in a paperless environment
- Versatile computer skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Some legal knowledge
- Case management background
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a possible hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing speed
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.