We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Los Angeles office is looking for a Process Service Assistant to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to our Landlord Tenant practice group to facilitate and document process of service.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Assemble Summons and Complaints and send them to process servers and/or attorney service companies for service
- Perform efiling and follow up with the courts to obtain status updates
- Prepare writs and other documents for courts not accepting efiling
- Update ProLaw to reflect the status of the Summons and Complaints, including inputting case numbers, marking events as complete, and adding appropriate next events
- Enter case updates into Salesforce for designated clients
- Communicate with clients on the status of service
- Create buck slips and serve sheets
- Scan, copy, and drag and drop letters and notices into ProLaw; provide originals to Office Coordinator as needed
- Email letters and notices to process servers and update ProLaw appropriately
- Scan documents for discovery
- Ensure the office copier is clean and maintained with paper
- Perform other clerical duties as needed for the department
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong administrative office experience
- Versatile computer skills and the ability to multi-task
- Professional phone demeanor in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with common office equipment, including copiers and scanners
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Some legal or process service knowledge
- Experience with ProLaw or other case management software
- Efiling experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
The primary duties of this position require that the successful candidate report to the office full-time. We are not considering remote candidates at this time.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.