Our statewide law firm is seeking a Real Estate and Business Attorney for our Concord office to handle real estate transactional and litigation matters. This is a great opportunity for a motivated attorney who can help us grow our Northern California business and real estate practice. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, a great team player, has a positive attitude, and who will develop strong relationships with our large client base while providing quality and effective representation. You will be partnered with supportive mentors who will help you succeed.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
As a Real Estate and Business Attorney, you will:
- Provide legal representation to clients, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients appropriately
- Provide litigation defense or prosecution of civil claims
- Respond to client concerns to increase and retain business
- Participate in industry organizations and affiliated committees to increase the firm’s visibility in the community and within the industry
- Represent the firm internally and externally
- Other duties as needed to support the legal and management goals of the department
This position is temporarily approved to be performed remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. It is expected that the successful candidate will eventually perform the position primarily from the office.
We are not currently open to full-time remote work candidates, as this position will be required to make appearances and attend meetings in the Bay area.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- D. and an active California Bar license
- 2+ years’ experience as a licensed California attorney
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in real estate law
- Ability to communicate regularly with clients on a range of practice group topics
- Ability to multi-task and operate against inflexible deadlines both in a team environment and independently
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Landlord tenant experience
- Civil litigation experience
- Experience with ProLaw or other billing system
- Experience with NetDocuments or other document management program
Candidates must have their own equipment necessary to work remotely, including a personal computer or laptop and a reliable internet connection. We offer reimbursement for internet and cell phone usage for business purposes.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our firm offers a rewarding and flexible work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
Our attorney annual hourly billing minimum is 1600 hours.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter (please include salary requirements)
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, daily temperature checks, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization. Employees, clients, and visitors are required to wear face coverings inside the office at all times.