Our statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Real Estate and Business Attorney for our Concord office. This position involves handling both commercial and residential landlord tenant disputes as well as educating and answering questions for residential and commercial property owners and managers. The position also includes litigation, including commercial unlawful detainers, breach of lease, habitability and retaliatory eviction defense, and other business and real estate matters.
WHO WE ARE:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
As a Real Estate and Business Attorney, you will:
- Provide legal representation to clients, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients appropriately
- Provide litigation defense or prosecution of civil claims, including workplace violence restraining orders
- Respond to client concerns to increase and retain business
- Participate in industry organizations and affiliated committees to increase the firm’s visibility in the community and within the industry
- Represent the firm internally and externally
- Other duties as needed to support the legal and management goals of the department
Position is full-time. Business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. It is expected that the successful candidate will eventually perform the position exclusively from the office.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- J.D. and an active California Bar license
- 8+ years’ experience as a licensed California attorney
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in real estate law
- Ability to communicate regularly with clients on a range of practice group topics
- Ability to multi-task and operate against inflexible deadlines both in a team environment and independently
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Landlord tenant experience
- Civil litigation experience
- Employment law experience
- Experience with ProLaw or other billing system
- Experience with NetDocuments or other document management program
Candidates must have their own equipment necessary to work remotely, including a personal computer or laptop and a reliable internet connection. We offer reimbursement for internet and cell phone usage for business purposes.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, daily temperature checks, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization. Employees, clients, and visitors are required to wear face coverings inside the office at all times.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter (please include salary requirements)
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.