Our statewide law firm is seeking a trial attorney for our San Diego office to handle a wide array of complex civil litigation matters including, but not limited to, business, real estate, and probate litigation. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, a great team player, has a positive attitude, and who will develop strong relationships with our large client base while providing quality and effective representation. While you will be partnered with supportive mentors, ideal candidates must be able to operate independently with limited need for supervision.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Provide legal representation to clients, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients appropriately
- Provide litigation defense or prosecution of civil claims
- Respond to client concerns to increase and retain business
- Participate in industry organizations and affiliated committees to increase the firm’s visibility in the community and within the industry
- Represent the firm internally and externally
- Other duties as needed to support the legal and management goals of the department
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- D. and an active California Bar license
- 5-7 years’ experience as a practicing litigation attorney with experience as first chair at trial and strong desire to develop additional bench and jury trial skills
- Strong real estate and business litigation experience
- Strong analytical, research, and writing skills
- Ability to communicate regularly with clients on a range of practice group topics
- Ability to multi-task and operate against inflexible deadlines both in a team environment and independently
- Excellent attention to detail
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Jury trial experience
- Experience with ProLaw or other billing system
- Experience with NetDocuments or other document management program
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. It is expected that the successful candidate will eventually perform the position primarily from our San Diego office location. We are not currently considering full-time remote work candidates as this position will be required to make appearances and attend meetings in San Diego.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time. Our attorney annual hourly billing minimum is 1,600 hours.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter (please include salary requirements)
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.