Statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Real Estate Transactional Attorney for our Los Angeles office. This is a primarily transactional position, involving handling landlord tenant disputes (negotiating and documenting resolutions), rent control and affordable housing questions, breach of lease, and educating and answering questions for residential and commercial property owners and managers.
Who We Are:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
- Provide legal representation to clients, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients appropriately
- Respond to client concerns in order to increase and retain business
- Participate in industry organizations and affiliated committees in order to increase firm’s visibility in the community and within the industry
- Represent the firm internally and externally
- Other duties as needed to support the legal and management goals of the department
- J.D. and an active California Bar license
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed California attorney
- Previous residential landlord tenant experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in real estate law
- Ability to communicate regularly with clients on a range of practice group topics
- Ability to multi-task and operate against inflexible deadlines both in a team environment and independently
- Affordable Housing experience
- Experience with ProLaw or other billing and document management program
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.