We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our San Diego office is looking for a Staff Supervisor to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be the liaison between management and the administrative staff by ensuring compliance with policies and procedures, communicating instructions, and addressing grievances on behalf of management. This position will be responsible for staff development, including training and coaching, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions.
With over 45 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees, so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Monitor the work production of administrative staff, orchestrating the work and duties of staff as needed
- Provide training and coaching to staff, assessing skill set and training gaps for each staff member
- Participate in the hiring, disciplinary, and termination process
- Evaluate employee performance during the new hire period and annually
- Assist with employee grievance resolution
- Support employee time and attendance, including approving time-off requests and schedule changes
- Review and ensure the timely processing and distribution of recurring and ad hoc client status reports
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of money judgments across all offices
- Ensure the timely achievement of regional monthly billing goals
- Collaborate with Landlord Tenant and Collection departments to ensure smooth interdepartmental transition of matters
- Provide periodic productivity reports for departments and individuals under their supervision
- Lead timely departmental meetings with direct report teams
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field preferred or equivalent training/experience
- Interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy with individuals internally and externally and at all levels
- Problem-solving abilities, including the ability to quickly assess issues for effective resolution both internally and externally
- Staff management and supervisory experience, including providing hiring and separation recommendations, delivering performance reviews and disciplinary actions, and supporting grievance resolution
- Organizational and multi-tasking abilities, including a keen understanding of when to delegate certain tasks
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Law firm experience
- Some knowledge of landlord tenant law, processes, and procedures
Position is full-time, onsite. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.