Statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Training and Education Specialist for our San Diego office. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing educational materials, activities, and programs on behalf of the firm’s internal and external clients.
Who We Are:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
Position is full-time; Monday-Thursday 8:30am-5:30pm and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Plan, schedule, and administer firm-wide trainings; oversee participant registrations, provide customer service and technical troubleshooting, and manage billing
- Schedule speakers for education events and coordinate travel arrangements; submit speaker proposals to trade associations as needed
- Develop digital and print materials for training and education seminars
- Research and evaluate new technologies and industry trends relating to training and development
- Update education programs, handbooks, and materials annually to reflect changes in the industry and legal environment
- Facilitate website product sales through promotion efforts, order fulfillment, shipping, and billing
- Perform administrative duties, including maintaining department mailing list; additional administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field (communication, public relations, education, marketing, business)
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Articulate, PowerPoint, and GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Training experience within the property management, real estate, or legal fields
To apply, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.