We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Concord office is looking for a Trial Attorney to join our fast-paced team. The ideal candidate will be located in Fresno and must be able to travel regularly to courts and networking events in the region.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Try unlawful detainer actions in California state courts on behalf of property owners and managers
- Attend local property management events to increase firm visibility and business
- Draft pre-trial motions, pleadings, and discovery
- Negotiate settlements
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- J.D. and active California Bar license
- General overview of landlord-tenant principles and California Civil Code
- Knowledge of various rent control ordinances, unlawful detainer law, and post-foreclosure eviction law
- Strong writing, oral advocacy, trial preparation, and presentation skills
- Ability to listen to and work with people of all educational, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds who may have differing communication abilities
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Jury trial experience
- Admission into federal courts
- Contact with the rental housing industry
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
The salary range for this position is $110,000 to $150,000 annually, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Salary Requirements
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.