The subject of assistance animals for persons with disabilities is one of the hottest fair housing topics right now. Our Fair Housing Practice Group gets multiple calls daily from clients asking if allowing a particular animal is reasonable, what to do if an animal causes problems, if they have to allow all breeds, if the animal has be to trained, what to do when they believe an animal is a “fake,” if they can charge pet deposits for them, and many other related issues. These are exactly the type of questions we want to answer for you in our webinar– so you can appropriately manage this important disability accommodation — assistance animals on your rental property.
The webinar will cover such topics as:
• How ADA, HUD and DFEH define assistive animals and how they differ
• Handling requests for animals
• Training and certification
• Differences between pets and assistive animals
• Handling problems that arise with the animals
• Assistive animals in the workplace
• And much more!
Space is limited, so sign up early! Presented by: Partner Shawn Bankson, Fair Housing Practice Group