Residents with hoarding issues continue to be a huge problem at both multi-family and single family properties. Often, owners and managers are at a loss on how to deal with a hoarding situation.
Some of the key issues attendees will learn about include:
• What is hoarding and why is it a disability?
• How fair housing laws impact hoarding situations
• The five main health and safety issues to look for
• How to properly approach a hoarding situation
• What types of accommodations may be necessary
• What a structured agreement is and how to use it
• How to determine when termination of tenancy may be necessary