Chris Evans is the Managing Partner for the Los Angeles office. Mr. Evans practices in the areas of unlawful detainer litigation and real estate law, with a special emphasis in rent control and post foreclosure evictions. His clients include the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, Freddie Mac and numerous owners and managers of newly acquired single family homes. Chris is also an experienced trial attorney, having handled breach of lease actions and unlawful detainer trials for the past six years throughout the State of California. He is currently involved in providing public education in the areas of affordable housing and landlord/tenant law, and is a frequent speaker for Apartment Associations, Crime Free Multi Housing Organizations and the Institute of Real Estate Management.
- California Bar, 1999
- Federal Bar, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2006
- U.S Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 2006
- University of Oregon, School of Law, J.D.
- Oregon State University, B.A. Philosophy/B.S. Psychology
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Co-Chair, State Bar of California, Landlord/Tenant Subsection
- Speaker on landlord/tenant and subsidized housing law