Debt Collection – Judgment and Non-Judgment
We’ve recovered over $175 million for our clients to date. Let Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP handle your recovery process, and take the guesswork out of debt collection.
When you turn to Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP for your collection needs, you can rest assured that your case will be handled in a manner that yields results yet reduces risk.
In the unlikely event that your case presents potential liability, our staff of attorneys will counsel you accordingly. Generally, a collection agency cannot guarantee you this peace of mind.
Reasons to Choose Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP for Your Collections
- Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP is a law firm, not a collection agency. As such, we execute on judgment debt utilizing formal legal procedures to recover your money. Some options include bank levies, wage garnishments and drilling safety deposit boxes.
- The Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP team is assertive, professional and extremely effective. We are adept at using sophisticated negotiation techniques to collect on non-judgment accounts and are forceful when using the authority of our law firm to collect on judgment cases.
- We provide effective communications and sophisticated online reports that are available when you need them.
- We provide statewide services, so we can collect the debt, no matter where your property is located. Our contacts in each of the 50 states can ensure no case becomes stagnant even if the debtor leaves California.
- Our effective preventive law program can help reduce your delinquencies through on-site training, consultations, document reviews, and our “Owners & Manager’s Guide Through the Eviction & Collection Process”.
We would be pleased to meet with your managers at any time to work together to maximize recovery.
Bankruptcy and Secured Creditor Representation
Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP clients rely on our expert guidance to help them navigate the challenging waters of the bankruptcy court system. Our attorneys have the knowledge, experience and resources to provide a wide variety of bankruptcy legal services for our clients. Our attorneys have handled bankruptcy cases throughout the state and have appeared before every bankruptcy judge in California.
Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP attorneys offer a wide range of bankruptcy services including bankruptcy creditor’s rights, creditor claims, claims litigation, lease assumption and rejection issues, adversary complaints and proceedings, asset sales, going out of business sale orders, security agreements, promissory notes secured by deeds of trust and personal property, actions in Quiet Title, in house skip-tracing, objections to plan confirmation and motions to appoint receivers.
We also provide the following legal services to secured creditors:
Receivership and Foreclosure Litigation – When a debtor stops paying amounts due, Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP attorneys can discuss the available options with you. These may include judicial foreclosure, nonjudicial foreclosure, receiverships, injunctions, workouts, and/or deeds in lieu of foreclosure. We can help you decide which is best in your situation.
Security Agreements and other Documents – Our attorneys can help you with security agreements and promissory notes secured by deeds of trust and personal property.
Trustee Negotiations- Our attorneys work with bankruptcy court-appointed trustees, to minimize our client’s exposure to contempt claims and vigorously assert client rights.
Foreclosure Litigation – In addition to bankruptcy and creditor representation, Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP attorneys assist clients with defending lenders in wrongful foreclosure actions, requests for injunctive relief in foreclosure related unlawful detainer actions, and post-foreclosure evictions. We also assist clients with obtaining Relief from Bankruptcy Stays for both Pre-Foreclosure and Post Foreclosure matters.
Receiver Representation – Our attorneys assist clients by arranging for the appointment of Receivers, representing Receivers in their efforts to collect rents and profits for lenders, assisting with obtaining injunctions, and obtaining Relief from Bankruptcy Stays.