Craig Nevin is a Partner in our Northern California Business Real Estate Group. He is a skilled trial attorney who for over 35 years has brought an effective, efficient, and client-centric focus to business, real estate and construction related matters throughout California.
Mr. Nevin is originally from Southern California and former Associate General Counsel for a major real estate developer with corporate offices in Irvine. He has both practical experience as well as in-house counsel experience, in the areas of construction, real estate development and all aspects of the business of real estate.
Craig uses his experience as in-house counsel and as corporate counsel to deliver excellent results for his clients: he developed and implements a Litigation Metric System that provides accountability of counsel, the programming of a return on investment, as well as an understanding of the litigation process, for all of his clients.
Mr. Nevin has tried cases ranging from general negligence and breach of contract to catastrophic injury cases, cases of fraud, elder financial abuse, partnership fraud and partnership by estoppel, in addition to numerous cases involving real estate, construction disputes, boundary and title disputes, easements, and partition actions. He represents a wide range of clients including subcontractors, design professionals, general contractors, developers, owners and investors, real estate agents and brokers, public utilities, municipalities, and financial institutions.
In addition to his law practice, Craig is a frequent lecturer and author in the areas of real estate and construction and has provided numerous seminars and trainings. He has testified at both civil and criminal trials as an expert in real estate and is a former Special Master to the Courts of San Francisco, Alameda, and Contra Costa Counties. Mr. Nevin is a recognized expert and expert witness in Mechanics’ Liens.
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Central, Southern and Northern Districts of California, 1987
- California Bar, 1987
- Western State University, J.D.
- Western State University, B.A., Law
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Political Science
Areas of Practice:
- Breach of Lease Actions
- Collections/Creditors' Rights
- Construction Law
- Entity Formation
- Landlord/Tenant Commercial
- Lease Negotiations (Commercial)
- Personal Injury
- Post Foreclosure Evictions
- Property Disputes/Easements
- Purchase/Sale Transactions
- Quiet Title Actions
- Real Estate and Business Litigation
- Real Estate and Business Transactions
- Real Estate Loan Transactions
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Member, Building Industry Association Education Council
- Member, Center for Legal Education
- Member of the Steering Committee, Associated General Contractors
- Certified Instructor for the California Department of Real Estate
- Former Adjunct Professor of Real Estate Law, John F. Kennedy University School of Law
- Former Special Master: Courts of San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
- Former Board Member and President, The Law Center
- Former Board Member and President, Contra Costa Senior Legal Services
- Member, Orange County and Los Angeles Bar Associations
- Board Member, Contra Costa Bar Association; Former President, Real Estate Section
- Member, Real Property Section, State Bar of California
- Speaker on Litigation Practices, Construction Law and Mechanics Lien Law
- Author, "California Mechanics’ Liens and Related Construction Remedies", Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB) 4th ed. 2012, Chapter 2, “Private Works Remedies”