Devin Jacobsen is an Associate Attorney in the Concord office, handling landlord/tenant matters for residential properties. Prior to joining KTS, Mr. Jacobsen began his landlord/tenant practice by prosecuting residential unlawful detainers, appearing before various rent boards, and assisting landlords with legal compliance during the lifespan of complex municipal legislation relating to Covid-19 across California. Prior to his landlord/tenant legal practice, Mr. Jacobsen represented the nation’s largest financial instutitions in debt collection litigation and also supervised his firm’s compliance department. Finally, Mr. Jacobsen’s practice has included representing creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
Mr. Jacobsen completed his undergraduate degree in Sociology at San Jose State University and his Juris Doctor at the Thomas Jefferson School of Law.
- California Bar, 2016
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California 2021
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California 2022
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D. cum laude
- San Jose State University, B.A., Sociology
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Former member, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Former member, Student Veterans Association
- Former Legal Intern, Orange County and San Diego County Offices of the Public Defender
- Former Volunteer Attorney, Record Clearance Project, San Jose State University
- Former Health Care Specialist/Combat Medic, United States Army
- Former member of Congressman Don Edwards American Inns of Court
- Recipient, Witkin Award, Business Associations Law, Wills and Trust Law, Controlled Substances Law, Critical Race Theory, 2013