Eli Gordon is the Managing Partner of the Business Real Estate Group in Los Angeles. Mr. Gordon has been recognized as one of the leading real estate litigation defense attorneys in Los Angeles and has represented some of the largest property owners and managers in the country in high stakes litigation. Mr. Gordon is the Chair of the Affordable Housing Practice Group at Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP and has been a distinguished member of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) government affairs committee.
Mr. Gordon joined KTS in 2006 as a law clerk while attending Chapman University School of Law in Orange, California. Mr. Gordon then joined KTS as an Associate Attorney in 2007 and, after exhibiting an exemplary record of results for his clients, was named Partner in 2014.
Mr. Gordon’s practice has focused primarily on defending complex litigation matters filed in state and federal court against owners and managers of residential and commercial real estate including, but not limited to, mass Plaintiff habitability disputes, fair housing disputes, wrongful eviction claims, breach of lease actions and other matters in the business and real estate arena. Mr. Gordon’s work in prosecuting commercial breach of lease complaints has led to judgments totaling in the millions of dollars for his clients. Mr. Gordon has handled several high profile appellate matters and has presented argument before the California Court of Appeals, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals and Bankruptcy Appellate Panel.
Mr. Gordon is also an active member of the California Apartment Association, the Institute of Real Estate Management and the Building Industry Association.
- California Bar, 2007
- Federal Bar, 2007
- Chapman University School of Law, J.D.
- San Diego State University, B.S. Finance
Areas of Practice:
- ADA Defense
- Employment Law
- Entity Formation
- Landlord/Tenant Commercial
- Lease and Document Production and Reviews (Commercial)
- Lease Negotiations (Commercial)
- Property Disputes/Easements
- Purchase/Sale Transactions
- Real Estate and Business Litigation
- Real Estate and Business Transactions
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Member, California Apartment Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Association
- California Department of Real Estate, Broker
- Certificate in Taxation, Chapman University School of Law