Judy Y. Chiang
Judy Chiang is a Partner in Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP’s Business Real Estate Group in the Irvine office. She is also Co-Chair of the Employment Practice Group. Ms. Chiang provides management-side labor and employment litigation defense before federal and state courts and administrative agency proceedings involving the Fair Labor Standards Act, the ADA, Title VII, California Wage Orders and California Labor Codes. Her practice includes a variety of other federal, state and local wage and hour, discrimination, breach of contract, wrongful discharge, labor and workplace tort claims.
In addition to litigation defense, she counsels employers in connection with a broad array of employee relations issues, including wage and hour, affirmative action and equal employment opportunity matters. She advises management on complex issues arising in employment actions (including, but not limited to, individual or group terminations from employment) and prepares and reviews personnel policies, employee handbooks, and other employment-related materials to ensure a compliant and effective employment platform.
Besides employment law, Ms. Chiang is also very knowledgeable in business and real estate matters. She defends owners and management companies on habitability cases and ADA cases. She represents landlords on breach of lease cases and commercial unlawful detainers. She represents employers and employees on workplace violence restraining orders. Ms. Chiang has over 20 years of litigation experience.
Ms. Chiang is also multi-lingual. She speaks English, Mandarin, Taiwanese, and Hakkanese.
- California Bar, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth District, 2000
- Whittier Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Economics
Areas of Practice:
- ADA Defense
- Breach of Lease Actions
- Collections/Creditors' Rights
- Employment Law
- Habitability Defense
- Landlord/Tenant Commercial
- Lease Negotiations (Commercial)
- Lease Review (Commercial)
- Personal Injury
- Property Disputes/Easements
- Purchase/Sale Transactions
- Quiet Title Actions
- Real Estate and Business Litigation
- Real Estate and Business Transactions
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- California Department of Real Estate, Broker
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Recipient, Whittier Law School Merit Scholarship, Dean's List/Honor Roll, 1998, 1999
- Fluent in Mandarin, Taiwanese and Hakkanese