Judy Chiang is a Partner for the Business Real Estate Group in the Irvine office. Ms. Chiang has numerous years of civil litigation experience in Business and Real Estate Litigation, Employment Law, Collection, Bankruptcy/Creditors’ Rights, Commercial and Residential Landlord/Tenant Law, Personal Injury, Insurance Coverage, Toxic Mold Litigation, and Arbitration/Mediation.
Ms. Chiang is also part of the employment law practice group at Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP, with an emphasis in defending property management companies and owners in discrimination, harassment, fair housing, habitability, and wage and hour claims. Ms. Chiang has settled and tried numerous cases. Ms. Chiang is an aggressive litigator who will vigorously litigate and defend the clients’ interests. Because of Ms. Chiang’s expertise in pretrial litigation strategies, she was invited to teach a CEB class on “Civil Litigation Before Trial.” She also has first chair trial experience in employment cases.
Ms. Chiang obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley. She majored in Economics and minored in Music. Ms. Chiang obtained her law degree from Whittier Law School. Prior to being admitted to practice law in California in the year 2000, she clerked for the Honorable James Barr of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Central District, worked for the State Bar of California, and worked for firms that specialized in litigation.
Ms. Chiang is admitted to practice in California State Courts as well as the following Federal Courts: U.S. District Court, Central, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California; and U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit.
Judy Chiang joined Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP in 2014. Prior to joining this law firm, Ms. Chiang practiced general civil litigation in areas of law, including, but not limited to, business, real estate, collection, tenant/landlord dispute, toxic mold litigation, construction defect, eminent domain, and lemon law.
- California Bar, 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern District of California 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit 2000
- Whittier Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Economics
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- California Department of Real Estate, Broker
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Women Lawyers Association
- Former VP and Publicity Chair, Women Lawyers of Long Beach
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable James N. Barr
- Fluent in Mandarin, Hakkanese and Taiwanese
- Taught a C.E.B. (Continuing Education for the Bar) class on "Civil Litigation Before Trial" 2006