Talia Cortese in an Associate Attorney with our Landlord/Tenant Law Practice Group in Irvine. Ms. Cortese counsels clients in landlord/tenant matters and unlawful detainers. Her expertise is in residential, rent control and post-foreclosure evictions.
- California Bar, 2017
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, B. A., Sociology
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Former Volunteer Attorney, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, Domestic Violence Restraining Order and Unlawful Detainer Clinics
- Former Intern, Legal Aid Society of San Diego, San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, Center for Public Interest Law
- Former Certified Legal Intern, San Diego and Santa Barbara Public Defender
- Author, "Assignment of Deed of Trust After Mortgage in Default Not Void," UTA Quarterly, United Trustees Association (Winter 2019)
- Author, "California Governor Newsom Enacts a Trio of Bills Protecting Tenants from Eviction," UTA Quarterly, United Trustees Association (Winter 2019)