Tiffany Truong is a Partner with the Los Angeles Business Real Estate Group. She started with KTS as an attorney in the Residential Landlord/Tenant Group where she handled a large volume of cases advising clients on strategy that often balanced multiple risk factors including rent control, fair housing and government subsidized housing. Ms. Truong also taught classes on landlord/tenant law at client events and local pro bono events.
Upon joining the Business Real Estate Group, Ms. Truong continues to expand her practice range to encompass matters including, but not limited to: commercial landlord/tenant law, fair housing and complex rent control issues specific to Los Angeles.
Ms. Truong is experienced in handling various issues arising from Los Angeles, Santa Monica and West Hollywood eviction and rent control. This included guiding clients through negotiating and settling unique situations arising under L.A. rent control such as illegal units, relocation payments, “no fault” evictions, and tenant buy outs.
Before joining KTS, Ms. Truong has had a wide range of practice experience including: working as a mediator for the San Francisco Superior Court, estate planning, probate, bankruptcy, resolving both federal and state tax liabilities for individuals and small business owners, and teaching students studying for the California bar exam.
Ms. Truong completed her undergraduate degree in Political Science with a minor in Psychology at the University of California, San Diego. She obtained her Juris Doctor at the University of California, Hastings College of Law located in the heart of San Francisco.
- California Bar, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, 2017
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., Political Science, cum laude
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Former Judicial Extern for the Honorable Jeffrey B. Barton
- Member, Building Owners and Managers Association, Los Angeles, Government Affairs Committee
- Former Small Claims Court Mediator
- Speaker on Landlord/Tenant Law