Tracey Merrell is the Managing Attorney of Education and offices in our Los Angeles location. She began her career representing banks in post foreclosure evictions throughout all 58 counties in California. As bank owned foreclosures slowed down, she transitioned into evictions for management companies and individual owners. She is experienced in all aspects of litigation, from the development of case strategy, through discovery, depositions, motion practice, and trials including bench and jury. She joined our office as a trial attorney and has extensive experience in court making hundreds of appearances a year since joining the firm. She has in depth knowledge of the Los Angeles Rent Stabilization Ordinance. Ms. Merrell transitioned to the Education Department to further her goal of providing training and knowledge to both clients and staff.
- California Bar, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, Eastern & Southern Districts of California 2010
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- DePaul University, Certificate in International and Comparative Law
- California State University, Northridge, B.A. Political Science, magna cum laude
- California State University, Northridge, B.A., Deaf Studies - Sign Language Interpreting
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Member, International Appellate Moot Court Competition, 2008 & 2009
- Member Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Sign Language
- Author, “Is Marital Rape Lawful in Afghanistan?” DePaul Rule of Law Journal (2009)
- Author, “Russia’s Removal of the Jury System May Chill Both Free Speech and Justice” DePaul Rule of Law Journal (2009)
- Recipient, Valley Community Legal Foundation Award/Scholarship, 2006
- Recipient, Outstanding Junior in Political Science Award/Scholarship, 2004