Tracey Merrell is an attorney in our Los Angeles office. She began her career representing banks in post foreclosure evictions throughout all 58 counties in California. As bank owned foreclosures slowed down, she transitioned into evictions for management companies and individual owners. Ms. Merrell now handles landlord/tenant matters and unlawful detainers for residential and commercial properties.
- California Bar, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern, Eastern & Southern Districts of California 2010
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- DePaul University, Certificate in International and Comparative Law
- California State University, Northridge, B.A. Political Science, magna cum laude
- California State University, Northridge, B.A., Deaf Studies - Sign Language Interpreting
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Member, International Appellate Moot Court Competition, 2008 & 2009
- Member Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Sign Language
- Author, “Is Marital Rape Lawful in Afghanistan?” DePaul Rule of Law Journal (2009)
- Author, “Russia’s Removal of the Jury System May Chill Both Free Speech and Justice” DePaul Rule of Law Journal (2009)
- Recipient, Valley Community Legal Foundation Award/Scholarship, 2006
- Recipient, Outstanding Junior in Political Science Award/Scholarship, 2004