We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our firm is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely operation of the administrative work product of our Business Real Estate Group.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Provide high-volume overall administrative assistance to staff and attorneys
- Assist with case intake process, ensuring that all information related to new cases is present and accurate
- Review new case documents and correspondence for detail-oriented, specific information
- Handle the opening of new matters
- Communicate with the courts, vendors, and clients
- Run conflicts checks reports
- Sort and distribute mail and prepare documents to be mailed
- Assist reception with answering phones
- Scan and save new file documents into document management system
- Prepare retainer agreements and conflict waivers
- Assist with closing files
- Perform extensive data entry with a high level of accuracy
- Prepare and edit pre-bills and invoices, coordinating with the Accounting department to ensure accurate billing information is added to the case management system
- Perform other miscellaneous clerical and/or administrative tasks as needed by the department
This is a full-time, in-office position.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and procedures (copiers, fax machine, scanner, alphabetizing, filing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Professional communication skills via telephone and email
- High attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload
- Typing speed of 50+ wpm
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Previous experience working in a law firm or office environment
- Some legal process knowledge
- Knowledge of ProLaw or other case management system
- Experience using NetDocuments
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing speed
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.