We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our San Diego office is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely operation of the administrative work product of our Business Real Estate Group and Estate Planning Practice Group.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Provide high-volume overall administrative assistance to staff and attorneys, including scanning, filing, sorting mail, file indexing, copying, and faxing
- Assist with opening and closing files; run conflicts checks
- Maintain and update library books
- Communicate with clients, vendors, process servers, and courts
- Answer phones
- Review and submit vendor invoices
- Review and edit pre-bills
- Provide general administrative backup and overflow assistance to the department
- Perform other miscellaneous clerical and/or administrative tasks as needed
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and procedures (copiers, fax machine, scanner, alphabetizing, filing, etc.)
- Some legal process knowledge
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
- Ability to lift boxes of up to 35 pounds (at least weekly)
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Previous experience working in a law firm or office environment
- Some estate planning knowledge
- Experience with filing and indexing and/or answering phones
- Notary license
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
The primary responsibilities of this position require that the work be performed at the office full-time. We are not considering remote candidates at this time.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Salary Requirements
- Typing Speed
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.