We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Los Angeles office is seeking an experienced commercial landlord tenant attorney to work within our Business and Real Estate department. The primary role of this position is to handle commercial unlawful detainer matters, breach of lease actions, some general real estate and business litigation and pre-litigation residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes. We are looking for someone who is a great team player, has a positive attitude, and who will develop strong relationships with our large client base while providing quality and effective representation.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Provide legal representation to clients, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients appropriately under the direction of the supervising partner
- Handle commercial unlawful detainer actions
- Handle residential and commercial landlord-tenant related disputes with a potential to handle corresponding litigation disputes
- Participate in industry organizations and affiliated committees to increase the firm’s visibility in the community and within the industry
- Represent the firm internally and externally
- Perform other duties as needed to support the legal and management goals of the department
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- J.D. and an active California Bar license
- 3+ years’ experience as a licensed California attorney
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in landlord tenant law
- Ability to communicate regularly with clients on a range of practice group topics
- Ability to multi-task and operate against inflexible deadlines both in a team environment and independently
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Litigation experience
- Client development and marketing experience
- Experience with ProLaw or another billing system
- Experience with NetDocuments or another document management program
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time. Our attorney annual hourly billing minimum is 1,600 hours.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.