We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our firm is looking for a full-time Discovery Clerk to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will assist attorneys and other individuals involved with the discovery phase of litigation.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Propounding and responding to discovery, and implementing attorney feedback
- Drafting meet and confer letters, calendaring deadlines, noticing depositions, objecting to deposition notices
- File management and tracking discovery responses
- Assist with case intake by reviewing leases, legal forms, and correspondence for specific information and analyzing facts
- Contact clients as needed to obtain missing case-related information
- Perform additional administrative duties as needed by the department
This is a full-time, in-office position.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Experience with propounding and responding to written discovery requests
- Experience with drafting and responding to discovery meet and confer letters regarding discovery
- Experience with California litigation process and courts
- Strong written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Comfortable speaking with business professionals
- Self-starter who can succeed in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with minimal oversight
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and follow up with clients
- Minimum typing speed of 45 wpm
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience with preparing subpoenas, jury documents, and trial binders
- Knowledge of unlawful detainers
- ProLaw experience
- 2+ years of legal support experience
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or equivalent training/experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
The pay range for this position begins at $26.50, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Typing speed
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.