We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Irvine office is looking for a Legal Writing Clerk to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting our attorneys in drafting letters and legal notices to tenants who have breached their lease obligations.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Draft legal notices, letters, and stipulations for unlawful detainer cases
- Review residential leases and client documents to identify lease violations
- Communicate with clients to obtain relevant information necessary to draft letters and legal notices
- Communicate with clients regarding status of their cases
- Assist with case intake and data entry
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Professional communication skills via telephone and email
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm and versatile computer skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or equivalent training/experience
- Previous experience working in a law firm
- ProLaw experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
The primary responsibilities of this position require that the work be performed at the office full-time. We are not considering remote candidates at this time.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
The pay range for this position begins at $23.00, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Writing Sample
- Typing Speed
- Salary Requirements
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.