Our statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Legal Writing Clerk for our Los Angeles office. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting attorneys and other individuals involved in the process of filing evictions.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
As a Legal Writing Clerk, you will:
- Draft notices, letters, and stipulations for unlawful detainer cases
- Review leases, legal forms, and correspondence for detail-oriented, specific information
- Communicate with clients to obtain missing information and follow up on the status of cases
- Assist with case intake by performing data entry with a high level of accuracy
Position is full-time; 40 hours/week. Business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. It is expected that the successful candidate will eventually perform the position exclusively from the office.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Professional communication skills via telephone and email
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm and versatile computer skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or equivalent training/experience
- Previous experience working in a law firm
- ProLaw experience
Candidates must have their own equipment necessary to work remotely, including a personal computer or laptop and a reliable internet connection. We offer reimbursement for internet and cell phone usage for business purposes.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Salary requirements
- Typing speed
- Writing sample (any topic acceptable; legal preferred)
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, daily temperature checks, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization. Employees, clients, and visitors are required to wear face coverings inside the office at all times.