Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP is an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our firm is looking for a Trial Attorney to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for making appearances in court for unlawful detainer actions in California state courts on behalf of property owners and managers, including trials.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
$130,000 – $160,000 / Annually, DOE
- Litigate unlawful detainer actions in California state courts on behalf of property owners and managers, including preparation of trial materials and witnesses
- Provide legal advice through phone consultations, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients accordingly
- Respond to client questions and concerns in order to increase and retain business
- Work with legal staff to ensure that all pre-trial motions, pleadings, and discovery documents are prepared and completed
- Prepare documents including letters, stipulations, surrender agreements, and the like based on client needs
- Propound and respond to discovery, depositions, and motions; prepare trial briefs
- Assist with other landlord tenant matters as work permits, including drafting notices and providing consultations to clients
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- J.D. and active California Bar license
- 1+ year of trial experience
- Strong oral advocacy skills
- Knowledge of trial procedure and evidence code
- Ability to work with people of all educational, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds who may have differing communication abilities
- Must be willing to spend multiple days per week in court
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Knowledge of unlawful detainer law
- Jury trial experience
- Contact with the rental housing industry
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
We currently offer a hybrid in-office remote work model for select positions within the Firm. New hire employees who are offered a hybrid schedule will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a hybrid schedule, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.