Statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Trial Attorney for our Los Angeles office. The successful candidate will be responsible for trying unlawful detainer actions in California state courts on behalf of property owners and managers.
Who We Are:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time. To learn more about our firm, visit our website at www.kts-law.com.
- Try unlawful detainer actions in California state courts on behalf of property owners and managers
- Provide legal advice through phone consultations, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients accordingly
- Respond to client questions and concerns in order to increase and retain business
- Work with legal staff to ensure that all pre-trial motions, pleadings, and discovery documents are prepared and completed
- J.D. and active California Bar license
- 0-3 years of trial experience
- Strong oral advocacy skills
- Knowledge of trial procedure and evidence code
- Ability to work with people of all educational, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds who may have differing communication abilities
- Must be willing to spend multiple days per week in court
- Knowledge of unlawful detainer law
- Jury trial experience
- Contact with the rental housing industry
- Available and willing to make trial appearances in the Antelope Courthouse
To apply, please submit your resume along with salary requirements. Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace and will consider all applicants in a manner consistent with Fair Chance Initiative.