We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Irvine office is looking for a Trial Attorney to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for litigating unlawful detainer actions in California state courts on behalf of property owners and managers.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
The salary range for this position starts at $120,000, depending on experience.
Position is full-time, exempt. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
- Litigate unlawful detainer actions in California state courts on behalf of property owners and managers in Orange County, Riverside, and San Bernardino courts
- Draft letters and legal notices
- Provide legal advice through phone consultations, assessing the facts and issues of each scenario and counseling clients accordingly
- Respond to client questions and concerns to increase and retain business
- Work with legal staff to ensure that all pre-trial motions, pleadings, and discovery documents are prepared and completed
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- J.D. and active California Bar license
- 1+ years of trial experience
- Strong oral advocacy skills
- Knowledge of trial procedure and evidence code
- Ability to work with people of all educational, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds who may have differing communication abilities
- Must be willing to spend multiple days per week in court
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Knowledge of unlawful detainer law
- Jury trial experience
- Some contact with the rental housing industry
We currently offer a hybrid in-office/remote work model in accordance with our COVID-19 Temporary Remote Work Policy. New hire employees will complete the majority of their onboarding and training in-office as deemed necessary for the position by the firm before transitioning to a possible hybrid schedule under this policy, subject to approval by their supervisor.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Desired salary range
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, enhanced office air filtration, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.