We are an established real estate law firm with offices across California. Our Concord office is looking for a Trial Department Assistant to join our fast-paced team. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and timely production of all pre-trial and post-trial documents in the trial phase of the unlawful detainer process.
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
- Maintain communication with attorneys regarding upcoming court cases
- Respond to client inquiries via phone and email
- Contact clients prior to trial to confirm dates, times, and court locations
- Make calls to court for processing of trial matters
- Update ProLaw and complete events following trial
- Bill files, sort and distribute mail, and perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Previous administrative office experience
- Experience with e-filing
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and complete work in a timely and efficient manner
- Minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Formal legal training and/or trial experience
- Essential Forms, ProLaw, and Pacer efficiency
- Knowledge of unlawful detainers and local county court rules and procedures
- Bankruptcy law experience
Position is full-time at 40 hours/week. Our business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed semi-remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. Training will be completed in the office and then the successful hire may be permitted to work remotely a few days each week. It is anticipated that this position will eventually be performed exclusively from the office.
Why Work for Us?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
What employees are saying about working with us:
- “The people, atmosphere, culture, and work/life balance are great.”
- “I always feel included, respected, and a part of the team.”
- “I have been given so many opportunities to grow and have learned so much.”
To apply, please submit the following:
- Salary Requirements
- Typing Speed
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
Health and Safety:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization.