With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
As a Trial Paralegal, you will:
- Conduct legal research, respond to discovery, and produce and draft legal documents and pleadings
- Schedule, prepare, and serve motions and oppositions, including motions to compel, ex parte motions, demurrers, motions to quash, and motions to strike
- Support trial attorneys with preparation of trial binders and jury trial documents
- Perform e-filing, paper filing, and additional administrative duties as needed by the department
- Assist in client contact regarding responsive pleadings, hearing dates, and court information as needed
- Provide backup assistance for additional trial department staff as needed
Position is full-time; 40 hours/week. Business hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-5:00pm Friday.
This position will be performed from our office. Remote candidates are not being considered at this time.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience in drafting legal documents
- Previous administrative office experience in a high-volume environment
- Professional communication skills via telephone and email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Minimum typing speed of 65 words per minute; versatile computer skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Trial and litigation experience
- Knowledge of unlawful detainers
- Familiar with local county court rules and procedures
- ProLaw experience
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Salary requirements
- Typing speed
- Writing sample (legal preferred)
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, daily temperature checks, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization. Employees, clients, and visitors are required to wear face coverings inside the office at all times.