Cherrie Tan is a Trial Attorney in our Concord office. Prior to joining Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP, Ms. Tan practiced general civil litigation. She handled a variety of matters including landlord/tenant disputes, business disputes, civil rights claims, harassment claims, and appeals.
At Kimball, Tirey & St. John LLP, Ms. Tan’s practice focuses on residential landlord/tenant matters.
- California Bar, 2019
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, 2022
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A. Political Science/Global Studies
Areas of Practice:
Professional and Civic Engagement:
- Former Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Charles A. Smiley, Alameda County Juvenile Court
- Former Articles Editor, Journal of International Law
- Board Member, Center for Youth Development Through Law
- Litigated published decisions (see Lincoln v. Lopez (2022) 77 Cal.App.5th 922; Mohler v. County of Santa Clara (2023) 92 Cal.App.5th 418)
- Author, “6 Lessons for Landlords from the COVID-19 Pandemic” in the Rental Housing Journal
- Author, “Five Trial Tips for New Attorneys” in the Daily Journal
- Dean’s Honor List, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2016-2017
- Recipient, High Tech Excellence Award 2016-2017
- Awarded Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star 2022-2023
- Selected as one of Northern California Top Women Lawyers in 2022